Dr. K Kartik Revanappa is a Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon at Apollo Hospitals, BG Road – Bangalore. He also consults at NeuroSpine clinics at numerous locations around Bannerghatta Road and JP Nagar. He completed MBBS from Dr. V. M. Government Medical College in 1998, MS – Orthopedics from Dr. V. M. Government Medical College in 2004 and M.Ch – Neuro Surgery from CMC Vellore in 2006.
He is an esteemed member of the Apex body of world Neurosurgery – CNS (Congress of Neurological Surgeons). He is an active member of NASS (North American Spine Society) and NSI (Neurological Society of India). He is actively involved in clinical and basics neuroscience research with numerous publications in spine and spinal disorders.
He performed more than 1000 neurosurgical procedures including operations on brain tumors, spinal cord tumors, spinal stabilization, stereotactic procedures, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Image (Neuronavigation) guided Brain surgery, Key-hole brain tumour surgery, Endoscopic Brain and Spine surgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Treatment, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, CSF Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery and Cerebrovascular Surgery etc.
- Stereotactic and functional Neurosurgery
- Microsurgery of brain tumors
- Cranio-vertebral junction surgery
- Spine surgery – Spinal cord tumors, Minimally invasive, instrumented stabilization
- Vascular Neurosurgery – Aneurysms, AVMs
Research & Publications:
- Recovery of sympathetic skin response after central corpectomy in patients with moderate and severe cervical spondylotic myelopathy – Kumbhar Kartik Revanappa, Ranjith K. Moorthy, Mathew Alexander & Vedantam Rajshekhar. British Journal of Neurosurgery Pages 1-6 | Received 19 Feb 2014, Accepted 13 Jun 2016, Published online: 14 Jul 2016.
- Modification of Nurick scale and Japanese Orthopedic Association score for Indian population with cervical spondylotic myelopathy. – Revanappa K Kartik, Moorthy RK, Jeyaseelan V, Rajshekhar V. Neurology India. 2015 Jan-Feb;63(1):24-9. doi: 10.4103/0028-3886.152627.
- Middle fossa extradural repair of sphenoidal encephaloceles Krishna Prabhu, Kartik Revanappa Kumbhar, Ari George Chacko British Journal of Neurosurgery 2011 Feb;25(1):124-6.
- Comparison of Nurick grading system and modified Japanese Orthopaedic Association scoring system in evaluation of patients with cervical spondylotic myelopathy. Kumbhar Kartik Revanappa, Rajshekhar V. European Spine Journal. 2011 Sep;20(9):1545-51. doi: 10.1007/s00586-011-1773-y.
- Changes in the range of motion of the cervical spine and adjacent segments at ≥24 months after uninstrumented corpectomy for cervical spondylotic myelopathy. Vedantam A, Kumbhar Kartik Revanappa, Rajshekhar V. Acta Neurochirugica (Wien). 2011 May;153(5):995-1001.
- Short Term Outcome in Children with WHO grade 3 Supratentorial Anaplastic Ependymoma Kartik Revanappa Kumbhar, Ranjith Moorthy, Vedantam Rajshekhar Abstract – Journal of Paediatric Neurosciences; Year : 2010 | Volume : 5 | Issue : 2 | Page : 173-181 Neuropedicon 2010, Hyderabad 20th – 21st November, 2010
Conferences/CME programmes attended and papers presented (Neurosurgery):
- Participated WFNS(World federation of Neurosurgeons)-AANS(American Academy of Neurological Surgeons) education course and CME at Agra 13-14th February 2010
- Participated International Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery Conference (Hands-on Workshop on CRW and Leksell system) at Vellore in September 2009
- NEUROPEDICON 2010, 21st annual conference of Indian society for Pediatric Neurosurgery – Presented a Paper titled: ‘Short Term Outcome in Children with WHO grade 3 Supratentorial Anaplastic Ependymoma’
- ISNOCON 2011, 3rd annual conference of the Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology – Presented a paper titled: ‘Meningeal hemangiopericytoma presenting with intracranial haemorrhage’
- NEUROCON 2011, 60th annual conference of the Neurological Society of India, Bangalore – Presented a paper titled: ‘Assessment of autonomic dysfunction in patients with cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM) using the sympathetic skin response (SSR) test’- Got Best Paper Award
- NEUROCON 2012, 61st annual conference of the Neurological Society of India, New Delhi – Presented a paper titled: ‘Posterior Interspinous Wiring – Cervical Spine Flexion Injuries’
Conferences/CME programmes attended and papers presented (Orthopaedics):
- 48th National Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association, Chennai 18 -21 December 2003 – Presented paper titled: ‘Myths and pitfalls in the management of subtrochanteric fracture’
- 21st Annual Conference of Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association, Kolhapur 5 – 7th November 2004 – Presented paper titled: ‘Cephalomedullary Nailing of Subtrochanteric Femoral Fractures’
- 49th National Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association, Agra 14 – 19th December 2004 Presented – paper titled: ‘Management of Humerus Fractures by Antegrade Humeral interlocking: Changing trends’
- National Orthopaedic Trauma Update Conference, Baroda 4 – 6th March 2005 Best paper award for presenting paper titled: ‘PFN: A Novel Approach’
“NAILSCON 2005”, Pune 18- 20th March 2005 Presented paper titled: ‘Nailing of Humeral Fractures: Minimally Invasive technique’.
Dr. K Kartik Revanappa
Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon